Sunday, January 16, 2011

Remembrances

A friend just sent a link to Nathan Rogers sings the Northwest Passage
I had to listen to it..Nathan is good, like his father Stan.
So I looked for some of Stan's Music and found a documentary about his life.    
Stan Rogers, One Warm Line  It starts with Stan singing Northwest Passage.
I had read about the Franklin Expedition and the search for the Northwest Passage in a series of books called "The Trilogy" by Farley Mowat. They might have been edited by Farley, not written...I read them over 30 years ago...ugh time flies.

  I stumbled on Stan in an old record store in Calais, Maine.  Coming home from New Brunswick and backpacking in Fundy National Park I needed a rest stop.  Calais is on the Maine/New Brunwick border and I just wanted to walk around town for a break from driving.  I found this album by Stan..."Between the Breaks"...had to wait until I was home before I could listen to it, but the cover and songs sounded maritime folksy. Loved it and still do.
"Witch of the Westmorland" rocks and little did I know that 20 years later I would be one of those in the "White Collar Holler"  Enjoy his salty air.
Going on the "hard" in the Penobscot River, ME

No comments:

Post a Comment